Our Response to the Coronavirus-COVID-19
22 May, 2020, President Donald J. Trump issued an executive order stating that Churches, Temples and other houses of Worship are considered essential services and therefore free to assemble. Most recently, Mayor Muriel Bowser stated that all churches will not have to wear face masks. However, we are going to continuing wear masks on a month by month basis.
Mount Olive Baptist Church like other churches rejoices Church's are now free to worship in person as opposed to online. However, we as a autonomous church reserve the right to phase in our worship services as we deem it is in the best interest of all church members and the surrounding community. In the near future, as Mount Olive begins to phase in its regular and physical attendance, we will issue instructions and directions as to how that will take place. In the meantime, Mount Olive Baptist Church and its officers and members all take very seriously the impact of the Coronavirus-COVID-19. In response we have taken the following precautions and will continue to issue the following the precautions and protocol:
- We have ceased all physical services at this site. We will continue our regular services via our Social Media Platforms and Website.
- We are urging that all of our members and friends do the following:
- Wash your hinds at least 20 seconds
- Use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Cough or sneeze in your elbow.
- Consider not hugging or shaking hands. If you must great beyond "Hello" touch elbows.
- If you have any of the following go to your primary physician or primary care provider
- Elevated temperature-above 100.5.
- Have a dry cough.
- Shortness of breath, or difficulty in breathing.
- Symptoms appear 2-14 days after exposure.
- If you are in the two most vulnerable populations(22-44) and (60-and up),
- Stay home unless you MUST go out.
- Practice social distancing(standing 6 feet from others).
- For members who would like to continue to support the Church financially. Simply mail your support(tithes and offerings) to the following address:
- Mount Olive Baptist Church
- 1140 6th Street, NE
- Washington DC, 20002
In the meantime remember, God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, of love and a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7.